Copper is an essential trace mineral that is vital to human health.
Our bodies cannot synthesize copper.
You will need to get it from dietary sources.
According to Ayurveda, drinking copper-enriched water in the morning on an empty stomach helps all three Doshas (Kapha, Vata, and Pitta).
This also ensures the proper functioning of different organs and several metabolic processes.
Some of the alimentary benefits of Copper are:
- It is known to be oligodynamic in nature (the sterilizing effect of metals on bacteria). It is especially effective against E.coli and S.aureus, two bacteria that are commonly found in our environment and are known to cause severe illnesses in the human body.
- It helps cleanse and detox your stomach to ensure proper elimination of waste and harmful products.
- It regulates liver and kidney function and ensures the absorption of nutrients from food.
- It promotes the breakdown and elimination of fat cells.
- It helps regulate blood pressure and heart rate as well as lowers bad cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- It is the main component in the production of melanin that defines the colour of your eyes, hair, and skin.
- It aids the body’s absorption of iron, which plays a key role in fighting anemia.
- It helps in the production of new and healthy skin cells that replace old dying ones.
- It has very strong antioxidant properties, which help fight off free radicals and negate their ill effects – one of the main reasons for the development of cancer.
It is known to have brain stimulant and anti-convulsive properties.
It regulates the functioning of the thyroid gland.
- It has bone and immune system strengthening properties, helping to mitigate arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.